2013 Harold Team Auditions - Los AngelesUCBTLA HAROLD TEAM AUDITIONS
The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre Los Angeles is holding auditions for placement on new Harold Teams.
AUDITIONS will be held on:
Friday, November 8 from 6pm-1am
Saturday, November 9 from noon-6pm
CALLBACKS will be held on the evening of Sunday, November 10th.
All Auditions and Callbacks will be held at the new Meta Theater space:
7817 Melrose Avenue (entrance actually on Melrose).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO AUDITION
In order to audition, you must meet one of the following two requirements:
1) You must be approved for Advanced Study Courses by the UCB Training Center AND you must have successfully completed a UCB course since October 1st, 2012.*
(If you are uncertain as to whether or not you're approved for Advanced Study, please visit this page to see how to apply to the Advanced Study program and learn your status: http://losangeles.ucbtrainingcenter.com/advanced.)
2) You must be a former member of a UCBTLA or UCBTNY Harold Team.
*NOTE: We make the "successful completion of a UCB course over the past year" a requirement because we want to know that if someone auditioned last year and didn't get on a team, that they have made an effort to continue their development as an improviser over the past year. However, we recognize that there are ways other than taking a UCB course to further your development. Therefore, if you are approved for Advanced Study, but you have NOT successfully completed a UCB course since October 1st, 2012, you may include a note in your submission explaining how you have furthered your training and stayed active as an improviser over the past year, and we will take that into consideration.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION
• Send an email to [email protected] by 11:59pmon Tuesday, October 29th. In the body of the email, please include:
• Your name, email address, and phone number.
• Your availability for November 8th and 9th.
• A list of other improv teams you are on (indie teams, 3-on-3 teams, practice groups).
List should include team names, team members, coaches, and a list of shows/venues where your team has performed. If you are a former UCBTLA or UCBTNY Harold Team member, make mention of that.
• For applicants who ARE approved for Advanced Study but HAVEN'T completed a UCB course over the past year, please include a note explaining how you have furthered your training and stayed active as an improviser over the past year.
• And please ATTACH your headshot and acting resume to the email.
We will contact everyone selected to audition with an audition time by Monday, November 4th. We will try to see everyone who submits; however, if we need to narrow it down, priority will be given to students who are Approved for Advanced Study and have successfully completed a UCB course since October 1st, 2012.
• On the day of the audition, improvisers will be seen every 20 minutes in groups of 8.
• Auditioners do not need to prepare anything in advance. The audition will be entirely improvised.
• PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST FIFTEEN MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED AUDITION TIME.
THINGS THAT ARE DIFFERENT FROM YEARS PRIOR
Our community grows larger and larger everyyear, with more and more people being accepted into the Advanced Study Program. This is a great thing! However, it does mean that we are forced to make our requirements for Harold audition eligibility stricter in order to be able to keep up with the ever increasing volume of eligible students from our training program. To that end:
• Former UCBTLA and UCBTNY Harold team members will no longer be asked to go straight to callbacks. Though we appreciate that you've been on a team in the past, there's too many new people coming up through the system to justify giving preferential treatment to those who've already been through it.
• Due to sheer volume of people auditioning, we are no longer accepting requests to be paired with specific people for first round auditions. It greatly complicates the audition process, and puts the one or two people in an audition group who aren't already friends with everybody else at a severe disadvantage. Besides, we'd rather see how you play with people you don't have a pre-established rapport with anyhow!
• Likewise, due to the amount of auditions weanticipate having, current 401 students are no longer automatically eligible for Harold auditions.